Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Form Development and Typography (continued II)

Continuing Ideation.

After critique, Zack found both ideas to be interesting, but worried about the gimmicky feel of the adoption fair. Though solid in concept, its message might be lost by a public that chooses to engage in the fun aspect of it without reaching much further. Also, it would require some sort of cooperation on the part of a small staff that would have to be reliable in remaining serious throughout the event.

I decided to further explore the madlib idea.







The final image posted above explores a typography exercise I did to discover the connotations behind these typefaces. At the top of each page, I put the typeface. I think wrote down many, many adjectives on tiny slips of paper. I then asked friends and strangers to put the adjectives under the typeface they felt best suggested/expressed that adjective.
The point of this exercise was to see which typefaces could hold the MOST varied meanings. I felt it was important for this process to select typefaces that suggested meaning, but not anything specific. This would help audiences form their own opinions and interpret my messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment