Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Making Process

Now began the long, but fun process of making!

Over the course of two nights, I search for 99 random addresses using last name search on hellodetroit.com and typed them onto business envelopes. I also typed 99 labels with the phrases on them, sticking them onto photos at random-- another chance-driven part of the project.















I stuffed the envelopes at random as well, and mailed them out (with no return address) from a downtown Detroit post office on a Wednesday morning. I also sent postcards to a few friends and the family of friends that were not aware of the project, just to gauge how quickly the postcards were received-- and if the project was unsuccessful-- I could question these people about the private reactions they had to the cards.







Now it was time to wait for the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment