Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Moving Toward Final Execution

After the photographs were collected and laid out-- they began to take on a life of their own. The way the flash had eerily highlighted objects in the compositions began to speak, on its own, about the nature of these objects. Zack and I began discussing ways to reach the public with my message through these photographs.

We discussed making them into tags to be placed back into objects in the antique mall.
(Not possible, as the owner of the shop was rather uncooperative.)

We discussed turning them into some sort of installation/fine art print.

Then we discussed attaching arbitrary messages to them and sending them back out to the public.


This final idea intrigued me most, but I was longing for some sort of return contact from the people that received these images. How could I get feedback without it being loaded with my message from the start? The goal was to leave as much room for the public to interpret them as possible.

I began writing (ambiguous) phrases to go with the images.



No comments:

Post a Comment